Coffee has always been an important part of my day. Making a cup of coffee was always an art for me. I experimented with many kinds, and I’ve always enjoyed making it for myself and my friends. My mother was also known for her magical cup of coffee, many people went to her office just to have that “Special Huda” Coffee.
When I started on this colorful lifestyle journey, I read many things about how it’s best to remove coffee from your life as it has a number of harmful side effects to our bodies and how it makes us too alert for meditation. This didn’t sit well with me I totally ignored it.
Then many of my yoga teachers, Ayurvedic Drs. and many people I respect told me to give it up. I gave it a go but it took away that ritual of love for me, the smell of fresh brewed coffee in the morning and the joy of making it for myself and others.
This made me wonder, if there was a way to turn this beautiful ritual of mine into something healthy? Something that nourishes the body and the mind? without taking the coffee out of it.
So I dug into my research, followed my own intuition and noticed how my body responded to different things I put in it. I also took note that brown is a great color to take in for grounding and feeling connected to the earth. ( we take in color through the skin, through eating it or meditating and visualizing it.)
I started working on different recipes and here it is, My rainbow coffee (cause it’s a rainbow of nourishment)
My rainbow coffee
- Oat Milk or your milk substitute of choice. If you make it at home thats even better. *great antioxidant and fiber
- 1 tea spoon Cinnamon powder *Lowers blood sugar levels, great for your heart
- 1/4 tea spoon Maca Powder *Rich in Vitamin B and C also great hormone regulator
- Activated Silver (a few drops) *Boosts immunity
- 1/2 tea spoon of Four Sigmatic Chaga mushroom and lions mane coffee mix *provide energy, cardiovascular health, intestinal and liver health and Enhanced Memory And Brain Function
- Raw Cocoa (Sometimes) *great source for Antioxidants and Iron
- Ground coffee beans or a Nespresso capsule *Lowered risk of Alzheimer’s disease and Protection against Parkinson’s
- 1/4 spoon coconut oil *disease fighting fatty acid called lauric acid, It is also rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- Date syrup (to taste) * Iron-deficiency anemia and reducing blood pressure
The most important ingredient is love, make sure you put a lot of that in.
*Please note that I’m not a nutritionist this is information I found during my research.