Anyone familiar with energy work knows that there are many aspects of modern society that can throw off our internal energy balance. In the age of Facebook and Instagram, you don’t even need to be in the same room as someone to pick up on some of their energy—negative or positive. If you feel exhausted, cloudy headed, or emotionally disconnected, this surrounding negativity may be part of the problem.
At the end of the day, our energies are our own, and nobody else should be able to mess with them. Therefore, we must protect ourselves, and a great way to do so is with visualization. Picturing a shield of golden light all around you before you leave your home or go online is a great way to impart yourself with positivity. Clearing your energy periodically is another option. However, I’ve found that the best way to recharge after a long day is with a color aura bath that uses all the senses to balance you on a mind, body, and soul level.
Why a color bath?
Color is a subtle, powerful way to clear energy. In color therapy, different colors are thought to balance different parts of the physical and emotional bodies, and they really do the work for you. Plus, your intuition can help point you to the colors that you most need in your life. Whether or not we realize it, we’re experimenting with color therapy on a daily basis through the clothes we wear, the things we buy, and the shades we paint our house. When in doubt, trust the rainbow.
I recommend adding a color bath to your weekly self-care practice. Even if you don’t have a bath, soaking your feet in a water bucket should do the trick!
*Please note that even if you don’t have a bath tub you can soak your feet in a water bucket and that should do the job too.
You will need:
- Epsom salt
- Insight timer app
- A bath tub or water bucket
- Pink rose petals
- Colored light if not, you can use your imagination (Also download the hue lights app)
- Lavender essential oil (pure one)
- Rose quartz (optional)
- Amethyst crystal (optional)
- Relaxing music (optional)
- Prepare the bath keeping your intention to cleanse your energy and raise your vibes with warm water (depending on how you like it)
- Add the Epsom salt, Rose Quartz, Amethyst while focusing on your intention. Then add a few drops of Lavender oil and spread the rose petals.
- Set your insight time to 20min with a bell after every two minutes.
- Set up the hue lights app as spectrum and let the app change the colors every 2min
- Get in the bath take the first 2min to relax
- You will do a color visualization with all the colors of the rainbow plus turquoise and gold coming through the top of your head to the tips of your toes with every breath. Imagine it clearing your entire energy.
- Here is the order of the colors:
Once you finish you can use Prismologie’s sapphire and pink lotions as they will induce more relaxing compassionate vibes. If you add The Color Recipe in the code you get 10% off 😉
I hope you enjoy this practice and add it to your self-care days.